Nigerian female football star, Desire Oparanozie has blasted the Nigeria Football Federation following her decision to exclude her from the Super Falcons squad that will feature at the Turkish Women’s Cup, scheduled to start today, Monday, February 15.
Recall that last week Thursday, the NFF released a list of 23 players for the competition, with Oparanozie a notable exclusion despite her form this season.
Reports spread out that she was dropped following her role in inciting protests amongst her teammates at the 2019 Women’s World Cup in France.
NFF’s Director of Communications, Ademola Olajire, who reacted to the reports, in a recent interview with BBC, said it had nothing to do with her role in the protest.
“Oparanozie is still part of the team’s plans, and her non-inclusion has nothing to do with that protest in France because she was not the only one involved.
“Selection of players is predominantly the prerogative of the coaches and not the NFF.
“She remains an important member of the women’s national side. I think she will just have to keep working on her game and, if she gets the opportunity, then push for consistent selection.”
Desire Oparanozie has now reacted to what Olajide said. Taking to her Twitter handle she wrote;
“Work on my game and push for consistent selection. Those ones who’s been without a club for over a year now, how many of their games did they work on over the past one year to merit their inclusion? When we’re spoilt for choice. Look for another lie.”