Share Here

16-year-old apprentice electrocuted in boss workshop
16-year-old apprentice electrocuted in boss workshop

An apprentice, Daniel Omoniyi, has died after he was electrocuted at the workshop of his boss who is a welder in the Mile 12 area of Lagos State.

Punch Metro gathered that after Omoniyi was electrocuted around 7pm on Wednesday, his colleagues, who were bent on rescuing him, rushed him to a nearby hospital for prompt treatment.

He, however, died on the way to the hospital.

Omoniyi’s mother, who had been bereaved by the tragic events that led to the death of her 16-year-old son, reported the incident at the police station in Mile 12 on Thursday.

Contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the incident.

He said, “The Mile 12 Police Division received the regrettable information on Thursday from the mother of one Daniel Omoniyi, a 16-year-old welder apprentice who was electrocuted inside their Mile 12 workshop around 7pm on March 1, 2023. He was rushed to the hospital where he was later confirmed dead.”

Hundeyin said Omoniyi’s corpse had been deposited at the Lagos Mainland Hospital mortuary for further investigation.

Shop and sale your Products Today at LXP Store

Share Here


No Comment.