A 6-month-old baby boy lost his life in his sleep after his young mother allegedly gave him an overdose of medication just so she could go clubbing.
The incident is reported to have occured at Quarter Nine in Likomba, a neighbourhood in Tiko on Monday, January 23, 2023.
Local sources say the mother wanted to go clubbing so she allegedly gave the toddler drugs said to be Tramadol to make him sleep for hours and then locked him up in the room.
The mother of the young lady said this was not the first time that she drugged the child and left him all by himself.
“The first time the mother caught her drugging the child, she interrogated her but she told her they were mere pills,” a source said.
“This lady you see here committed an abomination last night in Likomba, Tiko. Despite having a newborn baby of few months old in hand, she wanted to go clubbing with friends,” a Cameroonian reporter wrote.
“The innocent child was the only thing standing in her way as she couldn’t take him to the club. So what did this girl do? She decided to give him tra@madol so he can fall deep asleep. This way she can go party with her friends
“She gave her the tr@madol and locked the baby inside the house. She returned home this morning only to find out the baby di*d as a result of the hard drugs she gave him.
“Likomba inhabitants descended on her and got her well be@ten. Forces of law and order intervened and as of now, the girl is in detention. The baby has been buried. May the soul of the innocent baby rest in peace.”